Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I have so-le-ved-a the case


Or so Inspector Clouseau would have said. Remember my Texas Drivers license that I’d lost out at All Saints Camp while orienteering back in November? I had searched my pockets, my gym bag, and even returned to the three places I’d most likely lost it at. That was all assuming that I’d taken it out on the orienteering course with me. Which I had! Except sometime, I had placed the license into my fanny pack, which has a water bladder, a list of the IOF orienteering symbols, my electronic finger stick, and I put my keys into a plastic bag in the fanny pack. It seems I’d also put my license in it also! Why it didn’t fall out when I got back from orienteering that last November, I’ve not figured out. This past orienteering meet, I got my gym bag out and was loading it up with shirts, a change of clothes and such. The morning of the meet, I filled the water bladder and went to place it into the fanny pack, and lo-and-behold, there was the missing, and now replaced, TDL!!!! Why didn’t it fall out when I returned from orienteering? I always remove the bladder, dry it out, maybe run some bleach through it. Oh well. I’ll just leave that old license in the bladder compartment. Next time some cedar tree assaults me, I’ll have my Texas Drivers License right there with me to show the Tree Police.

2 comments:

Schweers' Mom said...

I'm amazed you found it!

Craig called a while ago and asked if we had received a notification from TxDOT about his license. Seems he realized that his expired on Saturday and he didn't know it. He's a little worried about renting a car in LA without an in-date license. Hmmmm...and no, we never got an expiration notice. Shoddy postal service!

Schweers' Mom said...

I'm amazed you found it!

Craig called a while ago and asked if we had received a notification from TxDOT about his license. Seems he realized that his expired on Saturday and he didn't know it. He's a little worried about renting a car in LA without an in-date license. Hmmmm...and no, we never got an expiration notice. Shoddy postal service!