Thursday, April 16, 2009

Alas, poor Yorick!

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio, a fellow of infinite
jest, of most excellent fancy. He hath bore me on his back a
thousand times, and now how abhorr'd in my imagination it is!
My gorge rises at it."
Billy Shakespeare, a long time ago in a Galaxy....wait

I had the follow up at the podiatrist. I took in my 13 year old orthotic inserts. We discussed the options to rebuild them. I have another pair that I use.

Doctor then decided that my trim job on my banged up toe, needed his better trim job. He first went to work with a battery Dremil tool. That led him to look at the nail and decide to try the cutters on it. When he had trimmed off half the nail, it became clear that only the back corner was still attached. He used some lock pliers on it, some really cold stuff so I couldn't feel much, and he carefully removed what little nail I still had. It didn't hurt much and feels better.

I go orienteering again in 10 days, so it is good that it is gone. As the doctor said, the next toe stub and it would traumatically remove what was left of the nail!

I went home and soaked it. Then, actually removed some of the dead skin from where the nail used to be.

No comments: