Wednesday, May 14, 2008

LOOK! UP IN THE SKY! IT'S A BIRD!! IT'S A PLANE!!


No, it wasn't Superman either. IronMan maybe. No, more like Aluminum Man. I decided if I walked tonight, I'd get rained on. Walking in the rain is fun. Light rain. No thunder or lightening. Tonight, storms are predicted. My 5 mile walking route is UNDER some of those super-high powered power lines. Shoot, they crackle and fizz at me when it is too dry! Or too wet. Or when a bird flys by. Anyway, I decided to get out about 7:40 PM on the 14 speed bicycle. I did about 8 miles, which seemed like a lot when I've not ridden much in 20 years. My Cat Eye even worked (See yesterdays topic). Anyway, pulling up one last hill, in the gathering darkness, I heard an airplane overhead. Not that unusual as we live about five miles north of Dallas Fort Worth International, so air traffic is constant. I looked up into the gathering clouds and mist and saw a neat thing. The plane was fairly low, under the clouds, but just right under them. It was streaking out a contrail! Looked like you could reach up and touch it. It was a white streak in the gray clouds. Neat.

No comments: